THE COMMUNITY SCHOOL FOUNDATION
Incorporated as a public charity in Kansas in July 2013, the CSF consist of parents, grandparents, alumni parents, teachers, social workers, and community representatives—all volunteers. Its sole purpose is to support CS#1’s mission and vision.
Our fundraising goals include:
Broadening Our Community
We are a small school of no more than 24 students. We have an intimate teacher-student ratio of 12:1 or better, and we thrive on extensive parent involvement. On principle, CS#1 mobilizes and repurposes existing community resources. Our very low tuition is one of the best deals in town, but our tuition is still out of reach for some families. We want to provide:
- More scholarships for school tuition, extended day, and weekend “homework helpers”
- Social support services to help connect and mobilize existing community resources, supporting children in need through our Tuition Assistance Fund.
A hallmark of our curriculum is learning by experience in our arts-intensive classrooms or on one of our 30+ field trips each year. CS#1 students are exposed to working professionals: from authors to dancers, architects to musicians, chefs to librarians, yoga practitioners to entrepreneurs. Our community partners welcome the chance to work with our creative and curious students. To meet this goal, we need to attract, retain, and enhance our human resources; renovate our classrooms; and update and maintain our teaching materials and technology.
How You Can Help
The CSF can accept tax-deductible donations in cash, in kind, in services, and in all sizes. Gifts can be accepted on a one time, annual, or endowment basis. Consider donating directly to the CS#1 Endowment. If you have a particular goal in mind, you can designate your gift for that fund. To make donations:
- Click the DONATE button to submit a one-time gift or set up monthly payments.
- Send a check to: Community School Foundation, 6400 State Line Road, Shawnee Mission, KS 66208.
- Contact Andrew Stuart Bergerson, father of Skye, and founding President of the Board, at email@example.com, 816.536.3869.
Be part of the solution. Help us educate young people, build community, and place children at the heart of Kansas City’s urban core.